CURBSIDE OR LOBBY PICKUPS OF LIBRARY MATERIALS BEGINS JUNE 15TH AT SWISSVALE LIBRARY!
The Carnegie Free Library of Swissvale will begin offering lobby pickup or curbside delivery of local library items starting on June 15th. We will lend books, magazines, and DVDs, up to 10 items at a time. Also, patrons will be able to request and pick up wireless printing jobs then, too. HOURS to place phone requests and pick up library materials are 10am-3pm, MON-SAT. We will have your order prepared for pickup in 24 hours.
- Patrons can ONLY request items that are currently available here in Swissvale Library. Patrons can do this by looking them up on our website’s catalogue for availability, and then sending us an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org, OR by calling 412-731-2300 between 10am to 3pm to request. We cannot accept requests left on our answering machine.
- A library staff member will track your phone or emailed requests using a Request Form. We will ask for your name, phone or email (to contact when order is ready for pickup), your library barcode number OR address, and where you will pick up (in our lobby, delivered to sidewalk, or delivered curbside to your car). If sidewalk or curbside, we need to know who will be picking up. Lastly, we need to know which day you will be picking up.
- Patrons will be notified when their items are ready to be picked up, or that their requested item(s) are not available.
WiFi Printing Process
There are detailed instructions on the front page on how to print from a remote device on the library’s printers. Call us between the hours of 10am-3pm, MON-SAT at 412-731-2300, to let us know that you have sent a print request and to arrange for a pickup. Library staff will put your print job in an envelope with your name on it. NOTE: WiFi printing will be available at no cost during June 2020.
No Contact Pickup Process
We would prefer you to come up to the lobby to pick up your items, but if that doesn’t work for you, we’ll bring them down to the sidewalk or to your car.
- For LOBBY PICKUPS: You can come to pick up anytime on your scheduled day between 10am-3pm. Anyone entering the lobby needs to wear a mask and maintain social distancing guidelines. Only one patron or family allowed into the lobby at a time. Please wait until previous patrons have left before entering the lobby to pick up your order. You can leave items to be checked back into the library in either the drop box outside, or in a bin inside the lobby. Your returned items will be placed in quarantine for three days, and will remain on your card during this time.
- For SIDEWALK PICKUPS: You should either call us upon arrival at the library, or call us before you leave your home to let us know when you plan to arrive. Patrons need to wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines. A staff member will bring items down to you. If you have items to check in, please place them in a bag to give to the staff member.
- For CURBSIDE PICKUPS: If possible, park on McClure Ave., near the entrance to the Senior Center, on the left side of the street. You should either call us upon arrival at the library, or call us before you leave their home to let us know when you plan to arrive. A staff member will bring items down to you and place them in your trunk. If you have any items to return to the library, please place them in a bag and leave them in your trunk for a staff member to retrieve.