Career and Resume Help
- CareerLink Pittsburgh offers many services to job seekers: assessment tests, career exploration, labor market information, career fairs and seminars, job listings, workshops, etc. CareerLink also gives resume writing tips and templates to download.
- Job and Career Education Center gives workshops, resume assistance, career resources, etc.
- American Job Center offers links to career exploration, occupation profiles, healthcare careers, details and trends, college and military options, student and career advisors.
- Monster.com offers resume writing tips and has several resume samples.
- Microsoft Office offers thousands of templates to jump start your project.
- AARP’s Work and Retirement– provides articles on job searching, features job listings from Indeed.com, quizzes, webinars, and other work and retirement tools.
- Retired Brains-can be searched by keyword, location, and job type. Register to save your searches and create a job alert.
- Career Development Center-offers job counseling, resume and job searching assistance, workshops, etc. It is excellent for seniors seeking work and/or retraining. Fees may apply.
- Allegheny County Department of Human Services- provides career services for seniors.
- American Job Center-has links to the National Resource Directory, Gold Card Initiative, My Next Move For Veterans, VetSuccess, Feds Hire Vets, Veterans Portal on CareerOneStop, Veteran’s Job Bank, Veterans Retraining Assistance Program, VA for Vets, My Career @ VA, and eBenefits. At the bottom of the page, there is a Military-to-Civilian Job Search.
- US Department of Veterans Affairs offers many services and benefits to veterans: education and training, insurance, financial assistance, and others in the GI Bill.
- Allegheny County PA lists job and internship opportunities within its organization that are specifically for veterans.
- Military.com offers resources for continuing education, job searching, and financial aid.